aim to strengthen the Asian Pacific American (APA) community by
providing a meaningful mentoring experience for APA students and young
professionals to expand their horizons, uncover their hopes, and
realize their dreams.
What is AMP 2008?
AMP 2008 is a one-on-one mentoring program focused on career guidance
and personal development for college/graduate students and young/senior
Who participates in AMP 2008?
- Senior Professionals with Eight (8) Years or more of Experience in their Career Field
- Young Professionals with Less Years Of Experience
- Junior/Senior-Year College Students
- Graduate Students
- Young Professionals who are Seeking a Career Change
What is the participation commitment for AMP 2008?
The program runs from February through June of 2008. The tentative program schedule can be found here.
How can I participate in AMP 2008?
Participation in this program is highly selective and is based on your
application. The AMP Selection Committee will thoroughly review all
applications to determine the highest-quality matches. The matches are
based on a number of criteria, with a focus on professional interests. The deadline for application submission is Sunday, January 20, 2008.
Requirements for Participation
- Students: Enrolled in college, preferably in their junior or senior year
- Young Professionals:
Enrolled in graduate or other post-collegiate course of study, or
possess less than eight years (8) of experience in current career field.
- Senior Professionals: Minimum eight (8) years of experience in current career field.
- Minimum Four (4) Hours per Month
- All participants are required to attend five (5) monthly events (which is part of the 4 hours), including the Kick-off Event in February.
APEX Membership is Required for All Participants: Membership Offers for Selected Participants
- A One-Year Complimentary APEX Membership For College Students
- $5 Discount For Non-Students
***You can sign-up for your membership via APEX website or at the Kick-off Event